Saturday, August 21, 2010

Days 21 & 22: Energy

The past couple days have been a little rough on my endurance, which I am attributing to the fact I've been not eating as much as I should before class and that it's that time of the month. I've had to take more breaks in the past two days than normal, and I feel like I need more water in class. After standing separate leg stretching, I got super dizzy and had to sit down for almost the whole first set of triangle today. I pushed as much as I could, but it wasn't as hard as normal.

Yesterday, I had a dread client. Good news, but my back was totally shot by the end of the day. My right shoulder, which used to bug me constantly before my Bikram practice began, was really tight and painful. I raced to the last yoga class of the day and by the end of class, my shoulder was all better and my back was around 90%. Normally after dread appointments, my back and shoulders kill for days and I try to make Jason massage/beat the hell out of my shoulder to get some relief. It's fantastic to release that tension that a good day's hard work puts in your body.

I did better than normal on bow pose today! In the second set, I really pushed my legs together and it actually made it a little easier to push up. Who'da thunk? It definitely did some crazy compression of my lower spine, much more than normal, but after the posture, I honestly felt like my entire body was glowing and humming with energy.

Speaking of energy, today is the first weekend day since starting my practice that I did not want to collapse on the couch and do nothing for the rest of the day. Finally having enough energy to do some of my fiber work has been amazing. Back to it! Thanks, yoga!

No comments:

Post a Comment