Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 13: Working Through

My hamstring felt better today than yesterday. I'm glad I didn't decide to try and rest it at all. That normally would've been my first inclination but all it really needs is some gentle stretching and working out, I think. Resting it would've tightened things up even more and made me feel worse in the end. I'm still not at 100% with it - standing separate leg stretching was really hard and slightly painful. Most of my other postures were okay hamstring-wise, though.

I balanced almost the entire time in standing bow pulling pose! I felt so accomplished and I tried so hard to keep my balance, but I fell in the very last seconds. At least I know that I can do it and I just have to focus and make it happen. It'something to work on for tomorrow!

In head to knee with stretching



I pulled my toes really far back and managed to get myself down the farthest I ever have - in both sets! It felt really good to get my hamstring stretched out that way. I can still feel the stretch in my butt.

I have a really busy weekend coming up and I'm starting to get nervous about making it to class on Sunday. I know I can do a double to make up for a lost day, but I really would rather avoid that particular unpleasantness. Plus, I don't want to have a big gaping hole on my chart and then a crammed-in double. I think I have to drag myself to class on Sunday no matter what shape I'm in. Even if I can just lay there the whole class, that's an accomplishment. I know I can do it, I just have to actually get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment