Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 10: 1/6

Ladies and gentlemen, I am officially 1/6 finished with my 60 day challenge! That wasn't so bad. I can definitely do 5 more sets of 10 classes.

Today, class was taught by one of the "tough" instructors. You know the type. You may inwardly groan a bit when you see them out front in their workout clothes. You know the class is going to be really hot and some of the poses will seem to take forever. You know you're going to be pushed to your limit. You hate them and love them at the same time; hate for the pain you're about to go through and love for the amazing feeling you know is going to come after that pain. With some help from my instructor, I had a definite breakthrough on half moon.



I didn't know I could bend so much at the waist, seriously. I'd previously been having trouble feeling the stretch in my side which was, I thought, due to my alignment being off. Turns out I just wasn't pushing myself enough. The instructor called my name out and told me to push, push, push, and before I knew it, I felt a searing stretch on the right side of my body and I was bent in half farther than I'd ever thought possible. I even got a compliment from the instructor, who said I had a "beautiful" half moon pose. I'm normally pretty reserved and serious in class, but that caused a huge grin to pop up on my face.

Other things of note: my spine strengthening series continues to improve. I got tingles in my lower spine and my butt after cobra, and the energetic feeling kept zooming through my back after each pose of the series. Oh, and I still love camel. It puts a big goofy grin on my face.

I tried to take a picture of my chart today with ten blue stickers completing the first row but, wouldn't you know it, I left my cell phone at home and couldn't sneak a picture. I will do this tomorrow! In theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment