Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day 2: Progress!

I think one of the best parts about Bikram Yoga is that you can constantly improve. With regular practice, changes happen quickly and decisively. The past couple classes, I've been noticing a big difference in standing separate leg stretching pose.



I can lock my knees, though my legs do have a tendency to start shaking like the devil once my thighs are contracted. Yesterday, I got my forehead so close to the ground. I could see it! It was mocking me! It continued to mock me today, but I'm closer than ever. Progress! A month ago, I couldn't even dream of locking my knees, so the improvement is encouraging.

I'm also starting to get rabbit pose!



I can't lift my hips up yet, but my forehead grows ever closer to my knees. My grip is definitely much more solid this week than last week, which I think might be due to an improvement in my core strength. In general, I'm starting to wrap my head around the compression postures. I really like feeling the blood rushing along my spine. It's an incredible feeling.

I don't see how I can possibly stop practicing this yoga as long as that lightness persists. I'm genuinely looking forward to tomorrow's class.

No comments:

Post a Comment