Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day 25: Strength

Today's practice was great! Due to my run last night, I was holding a lot of tension in my legs and hips which seemed to translate to a great deal of strength. I was definitely more in control of my legs than usual, but my flexibility was a little decreased. Tree pose felt really incredible, due to the loosening I felt of my hip muscles. I am very grateful to my practice for allowing me to release the tension that other exercise puts into my body!

Hands to feet pose is increasingly awesome. I'm so close to getting my face on my legs. It feels very, very strange to relax my lower back so much and pull so hard with my arms, but it's definitely improving my posture so I keep trying.

My hamstring is feeling much, much better. I can still feel it in the deeper stretches, but it's nowhere near as bad as it was a week ago. I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing and hopefully the pain will be entirely gone soon.

Standing bow pulling pose was great today! Oddly enough, the best part was on my "bad" leg - standing on my left, lifting my right. My new-found leg strength really helped me out. I had my abdomen totally parallel to the ground and my leg was stretched up so high to the ceiling I actually surprised myself. After around thirty seconds of holding and pushing and holding and balancing, I popped a little too far forward and lost my balance, but I am definitely proud of the depth I achieved in this posture today.

IN OTHER REALLY EXCITING NEWS: My friend Sunny and I are going to go see Bikram speak in Memphis in September. I find that I need to keep motivating myself in different ways to keep my focus solidly on my practice, and what better way than to hear a lecture from the man himself? Also, Memphis is a great city and not too terribly far from Dallas. Sunny's friend is getting us free standby plane tickets so we don't even have to drive! Totally fabulous. My biggest worry is making sure I practice both days of the trip, since it falls within my 60-day challenge. I'm confident it can be done, just need to figure out the logistics.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment