Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day 32: Pushing Through

Today was a little better, but I'm still experiencing the dizzies in the standing series. I don't really know why, but Jason keeps telling me I'm not eating enough. I am hesitant to increase my caloric intake, cause I'm not really hungrier than what I'm currently eating. Also, when the goal of taking up a practice is weight loss, it's sort of hard to make yourself eat more. Also, I have a lot of issues with food. So basically, ehhhhh, I dunno. I'm going to add a glass of freshly-squeezed veggie juice to my pre-class meal to see if that makes a difference.

I haven't really had any breakthroughs since I've been struggling just to get through class the last few days. I'm much closer to locking my leg in head to knee pose, which is good news for standing head to knee too! Once I can grab my foot, I think I'll be in really good shape. Bow also continues to improve. I really pushed up with all my might in the last few moments of second set and felt myself go deeper than ever. So exciting!

So next week, I'm going to see Bikram speak in Memphis, which I'm crazy excited about and will obviously be sharing all my thoughts and experiences here. I'm also thinking of heading to San Antonio for the Texas Yoga Asana Championship in a couple weeks to support people from my studio who will be competing and also to hear Rajashree (Bikram's wife) speak. She's also doing a posture clinic, and since she's a 5-time winner of the All-India Yoga Championship, I'd be really interested to hear her corrections on my poses. These are the things I'm thinking for September. Gonna be a big month!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Miss Katie!

    I think a glass of veggie juice is a great idea! Maybe you could add some berries, too? Low impact on blood sugar and big energy and anti-oxidant boost. :-)

    If you ever wanna talk more about food and nutrition, let me know!

    Proud of you, girl. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wound up doing carrot/apple/ginger juice and it seemed to do the truck. berries are a great idea, i'm currently strawberry-obsessed!

    ReplyDelete