Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 14: Changes

Okay, I think I had another breakthrough today! They tend to follow a couple really bad days, it seems. So therefore, I shouldn't be sad on the bad days, because I know a really good one is coming.

My hamstring is almost completely worked out. The only posture it bothered me in was standing separate leg stretching, which makes sense because that's when you're trying to achieve a crazy deep hamstring stretch. I had to put my hands on the ground for most of the posture and move them to the outsides of my feet for the remainder, when I can usually get my heels. This is okay with me, I'll just go gentle in this posture ("go to pull, not pain") until it's back to its normal loose self.

I experienced serious advancement in standing head to knee - I actually grabbed my foot and locked my knee! I held it for 0.5 seconds, but that's not the point. I got there! Also, in toe stand, I actually touched my hands to the floor and began bending my knee! I got almost all the way to sitting on my heel when I rather ungracefully popped my leg out and collapsed in a smiling heap of accomplishment.

In other minor accomplishments, I again almost held standing bow pulling pose for the entire time, losing it just at the very end. I managed to hold on through three of the four sides of balancing stick, which is a record for me! I managed to keep my hips in alignment today, too. Even in savasana! The spine strengthening series was excellent and I pushed to a personal best in bow pose. I felt amazing afterwards! In head to knee with stretching, I got my elbows much closer to the ground than ever before. It was lovely.

I'm starting to notice some major changes in my body, too. My collarbone is clearly visible now, and I'm starting to get more of a defined waist. My body shape is going from blob to curvy. Even when I was 30ish pounds lighter in college, I don't think my shape was as nice. I'm very happy about this.

Tomorrow I will be 25% done with my challenge. My, how time does fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment