Saturday, August 28, 2010

Day 29: Further

Today, it seemed like I was able to go further in most of my poses than normal. I felt pretty flexible and loose all over. I am now officially reaching for my right foot every time in standing head to knee, though it's weak and wonky right now.

I still hate half moon currently. I got a tip from my Bikram instructor friend Liz in Illinois to suck in my gut and see if that helped me feel the stretch in my side. I felt the stretch a little more but I still think part of this posture is still locked for me. I just have to keep trying and it will eventually unlock.

I also really hate standing separate leg head to knee pose. If I push really hard, I can get my forehead to my knee, but my chest winds up pushing up and into my throat, which chokes me and then I stop breathing and get dizzy. It's frustrating, but I know I just have to keep trying. I've felt a spine stretch in the past few days in that pose, so it's not as bad as it could be.

Tomorrow is day 30! Hard to believe it's halfway already. How time flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment