Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day 9: Getting There

Last night, we had some friends over to the house and we stayed up pretty late. I woke up past the class I was planning on taking, which in the past would have completely derailed the day. Instead, I skipped the FC Dallas game I was planning on going to and opted to take a later yoga class. I am counting this as a victory. FC Dallas had a similar victory; they won 3-1!

Onto today's successes! I had a breakthrough on eagle pose



which included getting a tingling sensation in my arms! I didn't really grasp that the lightning sensations would extend to more postures as I improved on them. It's very motivating, considering how much finding it in camel pose sent my practice in a very positive direction.

I had another breakthrough in full locust pose



in which I saw farther back on the ceiling than ever before and felt really incredible afterward. While I was lifting my chest up, my brain conjured up the image of my spine as a cat's tail, curling up effortlessly. It took a lot of effort, but I tried to make it look like it didn't. TRICKS!

In the spine strengthening series, I did a lot better at keeping my feet and heels together, even if I had to sacrifice depth of pose. My butt hurts now, but that just means it's toning up. I like this very much.

Tomorrow is my tenth day and I will be 1/6 done with my challenge! Not too shabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment