Friday, August 27, 2010

Day 28: More Cardio!

Today's class was surprisingly good for having gotten nabbed at a speed trap in a school zone nary ten minutes prior. I thankfully had enough time before class to lay in savasana and will my body to let it all go. I had a rough breathing exercise, but things got better as I warmed up.

The biggest thing I noticed today was that I was getting more of a cardio workout than normal. I'm thinking that since my muscles are getting a little stronger, I'm able to do more, and therefore my heart has to work harder. Makes sense to me!

I actually grabbed my foot in standing head to knee! It felt insanely awkward and uncomfortable, which usually means you're doing it right. I couldn't hold it very long and could only grab my right foot, but it's an improvement! I'm happy.

I got my feet closer together in bow pose, too. I think I've got this one wrapped around my brain finally. I have to set my hips on the ground so they're straight and THEN reach for my feet. This might sound like common sense, cause it is, but it's just recently come to me. Since I discovered this, I have had a huge improvement in my bow. I even got a shout-out from the instructor today!

I'm getting so close to halfway done with the challenge! I'm excited to do a midterm review and get some idea of how far I've really come.

No comments:

Post a Comment