Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 5: Continuing Improvements

Today, I actually felt myself tap into more of my lungs! Holy crap. The Pranayama breathing exercise was really intense for me during today's practice. I kept inhaling and pulled my spine as long as possible and I felt my lungs expand farther than I think they ever have before. It felt almost like someone was blowing air into my lungs like a balloon. Very strange, but it was nice to connect to the exercise as the instructors say it.

I had a shaky standing series today, quite literally. During standing head to knee, my right leg started shaking uncontrollably and I couldn't stop it. I kept balance for a little while but I eventually stood up and tried to calm my leg down for a second. It kept doing this intermittently throughout the standing series but I just tried my best to breathe into it.

Standing bow pulling pose



was a minor victory for me! I, quite frankly, usually tank this posture! But today, I set my mind to hitting it hard and holding it, and I actually did! It felt amazing. On the first set, I held the second leg for almost the entire time without pitching forward and losing my balance. It's the longest I've ever held it.

Also, bow pose


(btw, I am so insanely jealous of this lady's bow pose!)

keeps getting better and better. I felt the compression in my lower spine today and I worked exceptionally hard to keep my feet from separating too far. My butt is sore now! I actually kind of like it.

Oh, and Jason let me show him fixed firm pose for his knees today. This makes for a very happy Katie!

No comments:

Post a Comment