Monday, August 16, 2010

Day 16: Bring a Friend to Yoga Day!

Okay, so I didn't write yesterday because it was the busiest of busy days! But I did indeed go to class, despite my initial fears that I would bail on this day. Now I am insanely confident that I can complete the 60 day challenge. If I can go to yoga the morning after my birthday party... well, I think I can do anything.

Part of the reason I think I got there was because my good friend Sunny decided Sunday would be her first Bikram class! She takes a fire yoga class at a studio closer to her house, but this was her first time in the extreme heat of Bikram's world. She did an awesome job! My first class was embarrassingly bad. I kept feeling like I was going to faint and sat down pretty much every other posture. She looked like an old pro! I was very proud of her for coming out and seeing what it's all about.

Class for me was pretty good. I'm starting to find my natural tug-of-war balance on standing bow pulling pose. I keep getting right to the end of the pose and falling out of it, though. I need to set my mind harder to hold it the entire time. Perhaps today will be the day! In the floor series, bow pose keeps getting better for me. I need to work on pushing my legs together and my left leg up a little higher. I will hopefully do that today. I love the spine compression feeling that happens when my legs get high enough. It's definitely a cool sensation.

Okay, it's time to get ready for today's class! I'll report back later.

No comments:

Post a Comment