Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day 26 & 27: Almost halfway

First things first: Jason's mom got me an Academy gift card for my birthday and I spent it on yoga clothes! Woo hoo! I got a new bra, pair of shorts, and shirt - all of them were Under Armour brand. Holy crap, I love it all! They don't hold moisture like my regular clothes, which keeps me a lot cooler. The clothes tend to stay in place better, which leads to less fidgeting. All in all, totally awesome and I'll be investing in even more clothes in the future. Perhaps as a gift to myself for the end of my 60 day challenge? We'll see.

I am pleased with my progress in standing bow pulling pose. It's a little better every day. My big breakthrough came in regular bow, though! If I get my hips right in this posture, I can really achieve good depth. My biggest problem is getting my feet together, so tomorrow I'll work even harder on that. It was intense feeling my hips dig into the ground and my legs shoot back up. I don't want to say it was effortless because it definitely wasn't, but it was much easier with my hips aligned properly.

My sit-ups are getting better, too! I really almost did touch my head to my knees several times today. My spine is gaining a lot of flexibility, both forward and backward bending.

What poses do I hate, you ask? Half moon can suck it. If my hips are right, my weight's not in my heels. If my weight is in my heels, my upper body is somehow forward. I almost never feel a stretch in my side. It's a jerk. I'm glad it's the first posture so I can get it the hell out of the way. I also, uh, kinda hate savasana because my hips never feel like they're in alignment and I get the awful itch to wiggle them until they're right, which I nearly never achieve (or if I do, it's an instant before the instructor begins talking about set-up for the sit-up).

I keep daydreaming about Bikram's lecture. I'm nervous with anticipation!

No comments:

Post a Comment