Saturday, December 11, 2010

Days 32 & 33

This has been such a fantastic yoga week that I almost can't believe it. Last night's class was somewhat unremarkable, just a normal solid class. However, I was overtaken by the most amazing flood of energy a few hours after class ended. I turbo-cleaned my kitchen... and I do mean turbo-cleaned. I even had a little plastic knife out to do some detail cleaning of the stovetop, which hasn't been done since we moved in last March. I love that I finally have the energy to do things that I normally avoid.

Tonight's class was another one of those good-but-unremarkable types. There weren't really any breakthroughs, it was just a solid practice, which is fine with me. I was focused and strong. I did feel like the heat wasn't as hot as it normally is, but who knows. I can never really tell if it's hotter/cooler than normal or if my body is just different/I'm controlling my breath differently/etc. I just try not to focus on temperature anymore and just practice as hard as I can.

I found an awesome blog about teacher training that you should check out if you're curious at all about the process. Reading this blog REALLY motivated me and got me excited about my future. I think I tentatively have my sights set on Spring 2012 for TT. My body will let me know if it's ready or not when the time comes, but I have the opportunity for over 450 classes between then and now (more, if I get crazy with some doubles). That's lots of time to practice! I'm not setting anything in stone for TT; when it happens, it happens. The financially responsible side of me has tentatively set the date simply so I can get my savings plan together. If worse comes to worst, if my body isn't ready, at least I'll have the financial part squared away.

Time to immerse myself in "Autobiography of a Yogi!" Goodnight, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment