Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Day ?: Sweating the sickies out

Whewwwww. Class today was actually way better than I thought it would be ("have no expectations" springs to mind). I was able to do all of the standing series and only had to sit out one set of head to knee with stretching due to some nausea which I assume was due to stomach compression on my still slightly wonky belly.

I was able to touch my head to the floor again in standing separate leg stretching pose, and this time I didn't even somersault out of it! I moved my legs closer together in the second set, so I didn't touch there, but I worked for it. I love progress like this, it's just so motivating.

One thing I did notice that was really, um, kind of gross... my sweat smelled AWFUL. I assume this is because I've been so sick over the past few days and my body needed to expel a lot of nasty toxins. But, seriously, I felt kind of bad for the people around me because the smell was so foul. It even made me a little nauseous during the spine strengthening series when my face was down towards the mat a lot. I'm definitely glad those toxins are no longer in my body. I feel much better and am looking forward to tomorrow's class!

I really feel good now that I've re-focused and re-dedicated myself to this challenge. I forgot to mention that I was lucky enough to be given several gift certificates for my yoga studio so not only do I have enough money for a private lesson, but I also could buy some new yoga clothes or some electrolyte drink powder or any number of things. I could also do a second private lesson, or use it towards a free month of class. I have lots of options, but one thing is certain: I'll be taking at least one private lesson after my challenge is over! I'm going to start compiling a list (which I will, of course, share with you) of things I have questions on/want to work on/etc. that will help me best utilize my lesson.

Things are looking way up. We are sent challenges so we can rise to the occasion. Onward!

3 comments:

  1. I am really impressed by the fact that you were able to get out there so soon after being sick that you were stinky! I would probably still be whining in bed. I bet it is helping you get better faster too. Yay for gift certificates, nothing like bonuses to motivate you a little more:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. whew, jess, let me tell you. a full sink of dishes at townhouse 91 had nothing on this stank. i definitely feel better than i wold have if i had kept all that crap inside my body.

    ReplyDelete