Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Day 30: Second half of the double!

The second half of my double was just as good as the first half! I found it much, much easier to breathe in this class (probably because I had already worked on breathing for an hour and a half) and I had a surprising amount of control. My focus was really spot-on and I worked into my body deeper than in the first class today. There's really something to this double thing.

My most surprising new favorite posture is the backbend in half moon! Losing the fear of that posture is definitely the best first step towards a really deep bend. For me, I need to square my hips towards the mirror and make sure my weight is in my heels before I try to go backwards at all. The tip I received today to point my fingers back at the wall has totally changed the posture for me. For some reason, it makes me bend so much deeper. I never thought I'd be saying that I look forward to any part of half moon! Change is good.

My spine had a fantastic day. Bow continues to get better for me. I know I've got my hips in the right place when I feel the compression in my lower spine. It's not a comfortable feeling but it's a feeling I definitely look forward to in every single class now.

Rabbit was good today, too. I am now working on lifting my hips off my heels which really increases the spinal stretching. I now get more of a camel-like release with rabbit than ever before. It just feels so gooooood.

After class, I have a lot of energy. I felt really body-tired after the first class of the double. I laid down a lot and took a little nap in the early evening. I feel surprisingly less tired both mentally and physically after the second class. My body is definitely sore from taking 3 classes in 26 hours but it's nothing bad. I feel pretty damn fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment