Saturday, December 18, 2010

Day 40

Ahhhh, damn you heat! Today's class was hot and stuffy, with the overhead fans firmly turned off the entire time. I was in kind of a crappy mood before class and I allowed the heat and my mood to get into my brain. I got emotional right around standing separate leg head to knee and I had a little cry. After that, I felt well enough to continue. Sometimes, this yoga shakes things loose that you didn't even know you were hanging onto. After shedding my four tears, I was able to capture control of my breath and re-focus on the class.

I'm starting to see progress on the last part of locust pose. Sometimes, the stars and my hips align and I can push my weight forward to my shoulders and lift my legs more than an inch off the ground. Today, I really felt my legs lifting and my arms were tingling when I released. It felt great. (And hot.)

Bow pose continues to improve and this is the one posture that I really think I'm nailing right now. For me, it's all about hips and shoulders. If I can align my hips and relax my shoulders, I'm golden. I'm continuing to work on tightening my glutes and keeping my legs/knees/feet six inches apart. I'm getting a little closer every day.

I'm sorry to cut it short, but I've got to get ready to go kick around a soccer ball! I'm glad I went to yoga beforehand because I'll be stretched out and ready to go a lot faster than if I were going in cold. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment