Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 23

I went to the noon class by myself today, since Jason and I have plans when he gets off work. It's nice to go a couple times a week during the day to get class out of the way early!

I'm noticing a big increase in strength the past few days. I'm pretty sore in my glutes and legs and abdomen. I've been feeling new muscles pop up all over my body in places I didn't even know muscles were supposed to be. I've been really ravenously hungry in the past few days and I'm assuming it's because I'm building muscle pretty fast. My cravings have all been for things like beans and cottage cheese, so I'm wagering that I need extra protein right now to sustain the rapid muscle gain.

Other than that, I feel a little like I did at the beginning of my practice. I'm suddenly floored tired again as opposed to light and full of energy. I'm hungry as hell. This has to be a sign that I'm achieving changes in my body. As out of shape as I was when I began my practice, I'm not really surprised that I'm reaching peaks and valleys along the way. It's going to take me a lot longer to get to a place where I can call myself "fit," but I'm motivated by more than just numbers on a scale now. And who knows? Maybe tomorrow's class will leave me bouncing off the walls! But for now... I'm going to lay on the couch and chill out until Jason gets home from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment