Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Days 5-7

Days 5 & 6 of practice were absolutely amazing. I had two of the best classes I've ever had! Day 6 was notably great, as I was able to do at least one set of every posture and was actually able to do both sets of most postures. I did some insanely deep (for me) backbends and I was ablaze with energy after class. It was surreal; I was in the world's best mood and had enough energy to run on all day long. I was so happy to recapture the best benefits from a regular yoga practice relatively quickly.

Day 7, however, was a much different story. I had one of my hardest classes in a long, long time. I had a particularly terrible, knee-buckling bout of the dizzies. I tried to only squat for a few moments and come back up to standing, but I just didn't have the strength. I pushed myself as far as I could go but I didn't feel well in class. Even sitting up was awful, so from camel to the end of class, I just laid in savasana. Around this time, I started to get a very unsettling numb tingling sensation in my face, from my chin up to the bridge of my nose. I tried my best to not freak out about it and keep my breathing regular.

After class, I raced out to the front and explained what was going on with my face. They asked if I had drank enough water during the day, which I really had. I was using the restroom every half hour at work and felt super hydrated. I don't think I ate enough, though, and am a bit iron-deficient at this time. The front desk staff was really great and gave me a freshly-filled water bottle with some electrolyte powder. After drinking it, I felt much better and was able to pack up and head out.

I am glad I know that bad classes happen and to not be discouraged by them. Your body is different every day you go into the yoga room and my worst classes are often followed by great ones. My mindset is strong and I'm hoping for a great practice tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment