Friday, November 19, 2010

Days 10 & 11

The past two classes were great! I feel like I've had a big breakthrough with my breathing. I've been really focusing on my breath in class and it's helped me to stave off the dizzies and go much further into poses than normal. I have also started to come to like the feeling of blood being cut off to a certain body part, then flooding back in. It's taken a while. I hated the feeling at first but now it's something I look forward to in so many postures. I like that this practice makes me enjoy sensations I used to hate!

I'm finding a lot of success lately in hands to feet pose. I still can't get my face on my legs below my knees but it's looming ever closer. I think I've finally figured out the balance of weight, which always skyrockets my success in any posture. I've started pushing my hips up, which helps to pull my face below my knees. I definitely feel the stretch deeper than I ever have in that pose, so I know I'm doing something right!

I'm seeing small improvements in triangle. Mostly, I can at least attempt the pose now without nearly fainting. A teacher a couple classes ago told us to keep the weight in the heels, which will help with sliding feet. It works! So now my biggest problem in triangle is balancing once I turn my head up to the ceiling. Once I turn my head, I basically collapse and fall over. I'm working on it.

Bow is seriously my new favorite. I can feel so much going on in my spine during and after it! I think it's really helping to tone up my glutes, too. The last few seconds of bow really burn but it's so worth it to hold til the very end for the rush of blood that floods my entire back post-release.

Classes are going so well and I'm starting to be in love with my daily practice. I can't wait to go back tomorrow! The closer together I take classes, the better they tend to feel in my body. The noon tomorrow is going to be a beauty!

Also, for the friend of Rachel's in East Texas who is currently doing a 60-day challenge in her bathroom who reads this blog: Hi! You are an inspiration! Keep up the awesome work. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment