Monday, September 6, 2010

Days 37 & 38: Free Day of Yoga & more!

Today was the DFW Free Day of Yoga and I brought my friend Dalya to practice today. It's nice having some buddies to head to class with and to chat with after class is over. Dalya did really great - I could barely stay on my feet at my first class and she tried almost every posture. I think she might have been bitten by the yoga bug, too! Also, we got free popsicles after class, which clearly made sweating through 90 minutes in a packed class totally worth it.

Today was great because I felt super motivated and had good strength. I was able to do every posture today! That hasn't happened in some time. I keep reminding myself to breathe and struggle through it even if I'm dizzy or off-balance or what have you.

I think I'm figuring out half moon for real. I got a really great stretch in both sides in both sets today. I have to focus more on pressing my hips to one side and think about stretching one side of my body up and over the other while keeping my elbows locked. It felt good for the first time in forever, which was nice. I got a lot of rushing blood through my body in the standing series today, when I normally only get that during the floor series.

However, I'm having problems with standing separate leg stretching. The second I try and grab my feet, I can feel a really weird pulling-and-not-in-a-good-way sensation in my left hamstring/groin? I don't know what it is, but it doesn't feel good and so I'm just working on touching my hands on the floor in front of me and locking my knees solidly. I can go from there, I suppose.

In other, pseudo-related to yoga news, there were no blue stickers left today so I had to stick up my first green sticker. I will cover it with a blue one tomorrow for consistency's sake, don't worry. I know you were nervous.

ALSO: heading to Memphis for Bikram's lecture on Wednesday! I am so excited and brimming with nervous energy. I've been feeling a little meh about my practice as of the past few days and I'm hoping this will revitalize me. I'm the sort of person who needs to constantly seek out inspiration to stay focused, and if seeing the man himself talk about the practice won't motivate me then I don't know what will! I may not have my computer with me for the trip but expect a huge blog post sometime this week dealing with my experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment